Skip to content
Indian Butter Chicken
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 Pack BAYS® Original English Muffins
- 1 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion diced small
- ⅓ Cup unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP grated fresh ginger
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breast fillets, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 TBSP Garam masala
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 9 oz Tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP Tomato paste
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- ¼ Cup Plain yogurt
- 1 Cup Half and half
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1. In a large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil. Add diced onions and stir regularly, cooking until the onions are translucent - about four minutes.
- 2. Add the butter and allow it to melt completely. Then stir in the ginger and garlic, cooking for about 30 seconds to a minute or until fragrant. Be careful not to burn it.
- 3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes. No need to cook it all the way through as it will continue cooking as you add the rest of the ingredients and simmer the recipe.
- 4. While the chicken cooks, make the garlic butter spread to brush on the Bays English Muffins. Mix together butter, minced garlic, and oregano.
- 5. Now stir in the garam masala, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Then pour in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, lemon juice, yogurt and half and half. Stir to combine fully. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce.
- 6. Brush the garlic butter mixture on toasted English muffins. Serve on or scoop with Bays English Muffins.